jim mac

cj7 restoration

Hi guys and gals. Im restoring a 1980 cj7 she is in a poor state at the mo. I was wondering if to replace the two doors or have half doors. And if its legal to drive here in the uk without the doors

Either of these projects still ongoing? If you're interested I've got some CJ YJ stuff for free might be of help. See Jeep parts for sale.

Any updates on both projects ?

Been picking away at it. Most of the work is hidden underneath, so not many spectacular pics to show really, but here's a few...

PTDC0125.jpg

PTDC0144.jpg

PTDC0147.jpg

PTDC0153.jpg

PTDC0190.jpg

PTDC0383_1.jpg

PTDC0390.jpg

Mike, do you want a soft top frame for your CJ if it's topless at the mo? Got the complete original frame, hoops and door surrounds for a hard door CJ. No fabric though ( well, I have got the fabric but it's pretty shot, you'd be welcome to it its the original whitmore jeep one ) You'd just have to get a new replace-a-top for it.  If you do let me know, you can have it.

Cheers

Tim

Thanks for the offer. I have a top to go on it, but I might know a man who can use it. With your permission, I'll pass the info to him if he's interested :great:

No worries, pass it along. Just looking for a good home, rather see it on a Jeep than sitting in my garage .

Cheers

Tim

Guest John L

Hi Im new to the Club. 

Just got a 1980 CJ7 4.2L.In need of TLC all way round. Does anyone have a Windscreen or Front Wings at all? 

Feel free to email me at john.long15@btinternet.com

Many thanks

John

1 hour ago, Guest John L said:

Hi Im new to the Club. 

Just got a 1980 CJ7 4.2L.In need of TLC all way round. Does anyone have a Windscreen or Front Wings at all? 

Feel free to email me at john.long15@btinternet.com

Many thanks

John

Hi John,

Did have both off an '84 but gone to new homes, not got much left now. Best bet is Lighthouse Jeep spares, I got a pair of new Crown Automotive wings there.

http://www.lighthousejeepparts.co.uk/

Lighthouse Jeep Parts

Diss, Norfolk

To order parts, please call 01953 681237. We carry a large stock of hard to find parts for most Jeep models.

Our address:

Lighthouse Jeep Parts
Nethergate Street
Hopton
Diss
Norfolk
IP22 2RD

Phone: 01953 681237
Fax: 01953 681261

Speak to Andrew or Julian they will help you.

Post up some pics of your restoration would be good to see

Always like to see the CJ's getting sorted !! I had 2 back in the day (early 90's) . A 1979 CJ7 Renegade and a 1975 CJ5 Levi,s edition. The CJ7 came up for sale again a couple of years ago in Sterling Scotland, But I missed the repurchase by a couple of days !!

Anyone Know anything about it ?    Last photo I saw it was white , Grey then green when I had it  LJX338T.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

guidelines