Sign in to follow this  
Volant165

Bruges Cruise to the Christmas Market

For a bit of fun, we are hosting a trip to the Bruges Christmas Markets. (aka Beer run!)

Driving to Bruges on Friday 9 December.  (Cross at your preference ferry or Eurotunnel)

A block of double rooms has been reserved for Friday and Saturday night at a location that has "Jeep Friendly Parking" regardless of vehicle height. Cost is circa £112 per night for the rooms. Hotel is on the outskirts of Bruges and we can car pool or shuttle into town centre.

Friday evening activities TBD.

Saturday tour Bruges and visit the stands etc. in the town square.

Saturday night 8:30pm local time a group dinner has been booked at the hard to get into Ribs n Beer.  Great blues music along with all the ribs you can eat should you choose!

We have made initial plans for up to 6 Jeeps as it is our first run, but if needed we may be able to expand the numbers with the Saturday night meal being the most restrictive on group size.

Sunday time for loading up with Belgium's  finest for the drive home.

You will settle directly with hotel etc. so we are only asking for a donation to the club of £15 per Jeep.

Volant165

Stewart

Chris Redford

JustJeepin

JeepLights.jpg.048d057285203ced8c97b5144ebf51bd.jpg

Ribs_n_Beer1.jpg.db1bd48bc17af066a0cc9ed70cda65ae.jpg

Ribs_n_Beer2.jpg.6996eeb045de56a23e8a91c0b4780c8e.jpg

Sounds interesting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Small convoy of Our Jeeps through to Belgium  :glasses:

count us in please.

they'll be two of us please one 11 month old

You are in! Will pm after this weekend (out of town) to try and coordinate meeting up en-route etc. And give hotel details and Saturday restaurant details.

All,

Attendee list updated.  We have room for one more Jeep.

Please can you PM me your availability Friday and Sunday IE: what time/how you plan to cross over the Channel?

On top of the Christmas markets, sightseeing, eating and drinking, trying to coordinate a bit of Jeep Cruise sightseeing -- but need to do that when the whole group can be there.

Hotel has the block of double rooms reserved in my name.  I will PM confirmed and paid attendees their specific reservation number etc.

Jim

Thanks Jim, I got your PM although I'm not sure if I replied correctly.

Yes, I'm in. Just the one of me. Single room if available but can take a double.

Haven't made a plan on channel crossing yet, what is the consensus?

Cheers Chris

Did the trip yesterday.

Always love travelling through France and Belgium etc so much nicer roads to drive than the UK.

Not sure what you're expecting from the stalls on the market but you can get all the hats and gloves that you want!

Some nice food and drink stalls, bumper cars and a couple of candle,wood items.

Tbh was more impressed with the scenery around and about with the chocolate and beer shops than the actual 'Christmas Market' itself.

One thing is for sure, will have to go back for a longer period  over the xmas time and apparently the Antwerp xmas market is meant to be very good as well- Although only on from 10 Dec until end of Jan as opposed to 25th Nov to Jan.

Enjoy guys..

Cool. Yeah looking forward to this weekend good food beer and choccies with the group. Bruges on its own is cool anytime of the year.

A public thank you to Jim for arranging this trip. The hotel, choices for venues for dinner and drinks all first class. It was a pleasure to meet you all and look forward to seeing you all again and visiting Bruges again in 2017.

Hey Great time indeed! It was our first JOC run to Brugge, looking forward to the next one. Few pics to follow.3e007f468cdd5c5131f9a3b10899872b.jpg5f45ccbd8e0e9f000a299b5d3adc78e4.jpgc826c4f22a525aa2d0157b7f30f1a953.jpgc8a58f5862083d72666d1e4cdc4ff65e.jpg10fce702a22ed809796c0ff962b6b48d.jpge34f11d096c42662b228aedb8cd3d978.jpgd7ba421021d66cb75232d115ea3cc3ea.jpg