jazzrihal

Wrangler YJ Parts Wanted

Hi guys,

I've had a 'little' accident unfortunately so I'm now seeking your help in getting the beast back on the road! She needs the following (if anyone has any of these items up for grabs or knows of a place to look, please let me know!):

[For Jeep Wrangler YJ 1995 4.0L UK REG]
Transfer case
Front drive shaft
Leaf spring
Front bumper
Fender / wing panel (front passenger side)
Fender flare (front passenger side)
Hood / bonnet
Sidelight & housing (both sides)

Really appreciate any help. Cheers!

45942157_10216771594829645_7632550188032196608_o.jpg

Charlton auto parts Duxford Chrysler Jeep breakers. Good place for YJ parts, especially the sort you’re after.

Welcome Jazz,

Hope you get the parts or at least some answers. 

Cheers Neal

Thanks Tim. No luck with either unfortunately... ACD Chrysler Jeep Breakers (if they are the same as Duxford as Google seems to return them in a search) wanted to charge me £1000+VAT for a transfer case broken from a YJ... Crazy! There are a couple in the states for $300 + $100 shipping so perhaps that's my best bet...

Thank you Neal, fingers crossed!!

Cheers guys!

They are two different breakers: ACD based in Oswaltwistle www.chryslerbreakers.co.uk, Charlton 4x4 breakers based in Duxford www.charltonautoparts.co.uk. I have had parts from both. ACD supplied me a KJ auto gearbox for about £500, Charlton I’ve had various YJ bits from including a complete body tub. Both were pretty good and reasonably priced ( I thought). However I guess YJ parts from scrap vehicles must be getting pretty scarce these days so I’d imagine that’s pushing the prices up.

The other place you could try is Lighthouse Jeep Parts www.lighthousejeepparts.co.uk based in Norfolk, they are very good and will probably have, or be able to get most of the parts you need including the body panels, not too sure about the transfer case though. 

I suppose you’ve already tried EBay, lots of random stuff comes up on there but it’s pot luck.

Importing from the States is usually not a problem, don’t forget you’ll have to add VAT, import duty and clearance fees as well though and $100 seems on the cheap side for shipping a transfer case, does depend how they ship it though, if you are in a hurry or not.

What exactly was your “little accident” by the way?

The transfer case is a NP231. Any NP 231 or NV 231 transfer case fitted to a Jeep will replace it. The only likely hiccup will by on the input gear spline count. Most UK 231's are 23 spline, some early YJs came with 21 spline. A 21 spline gear can be easily swapped in to replace a 23 spline gear. Just take it out of the old case if you need it.

231 transfer cases were fitted to TJ, XJ, ZJ, KJ

I haven't bought one in a while, but the last time I paid £90 + delivery.

If you are feeling brave and have to have new propshafts anyway, a NP242/NV242 with and aftermarket SYE conversion would give you full time 4wd in addition to everything your old transfer case had before.

Tim & V,

Both really helpful posts - a big thanks to the both of you. 

For now, the search for a transfer case continues but I'll be sure to check out all of your suggestions today.

Cheers!!

Thanks V,

I managed to find a YJ in a scrapyard with a transfer case that looks pretty good! Not only that, it was £50... 

Fingers crossed.

IMG_0735.JPG

What was wrong with your old transfer case any way? Don't throw it away until your Jeep is fully road worthy. There will be parts inside it that can still be reused as spares if the casing has cracked. Depending on the damage they can sometimes be welded or even strengthened.

Have you had a good look over the scrapyard YJ for parts? What else did you have off it?

I am assuming it is fuel injected, the ECU is worth grabbing as an EU spec one will be rare to find if you later need one.

Probably worth checking on eBay for all sorts of parts. If you can't find anyone listing them and that scrap Jeep has them, maybe worth acquiring.

Hi, 

V is right ,its amazing what can be repaired and often quite cheaply.

I'm sorry I don't have any parts but can I ask where the scrap yard with the Yj is ?  I'm trying to get an original, jack, tool kit and holding bracket and it looks like it has one.

On 16/11/2018 at 14:09, jazzrihal said:

Thanks V,

I managed to find a YJ in a scrapyard with a transfer case that looks pretty good! Not only that, it was £50... 

Fingers crossed.

IMG_0735.JPG

Looks like one of Jules's off roading expeditions.