Wildjeeper62

Chambon sur Jeep 2019

HI Everybody,

Just a quick word to let you know that the dates of the new Chambon sur Jeep will be the Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th of April 2019.

It used to be a 3 Days event but I've heard that the local Do-Gooders have put pressure on the Regional Administration/ Local District Coucil to get this event reduce to 2 Days.

It is a shame but better than nothing because the JeepAOC organisers thought last year that they wouldn't get the authorisations from the local authorities anymore.

If any of you are interested I would suggest to go to this one because it looks like this event won't be there for long anymore.

For Info there was in the excess of 550 + Jeeps last year. I enclose a Map so you can roughly see where it is and work out the costs of the journey.

Chris

Premiere Photo.jpg

Map.jpg

Edited by Wildjeeper62
Grammaire error

Hi Paul, How long are you staying there for? Will you be there a couple of days before?

I think we will be doing the journey on Wednesday 24th and stay there for 5 nights altogether.

23 minutes ago, Wildjeeper62 said:

Hi Paul, How long are you staying there for? Will you be there a couple of days before?

I think we will be doing the journey on Wednesday 24th and stay there for 5 nights altogether.

I believe that we are coming out the Thursday, stopping overnight halfway down arriving in town Friday again. 

Leaving Monday and stopping over half way back this time for ferry on Tuesday- Normally we would hump back in one shot but as the day has been lost we decided to break it up.

Its a shame that they've reduced it - the way the world is going - to many fairies!

Yes it is a shame but like I wrote in the opening post, I was told by two of the main organisers that it's getting worse every year to get the authorisations.

The club members are all volunteers, none of them get any financial gain only the pleasure and satisfaction to organise a great Jeep event but they get tired of having to battle every year with the local authorities.

Unfortunately it's very politic nowadays and these guys are no "Arse lickers" so what will be will be.

• Like 1