Lord Al

New jeep JL

Looks awesome and Soooooo shiny. Well jel!

Look forward to seeing the next pose covered in mud on top of a hill somewhere 🙂

Happy new year.

TH

• Thanks 1

Cheers jim. 

Just st got to start getting a few bits on it now . 

Trailhawk I don’t think so lol 

it has a ceramic coat on it that’s what it looks sooo shiny .. 

The mud should just fall of it hopefully .. 

🤙🏼  

Happy new year 

Congrats on such a super looking rig! Sting Grey is awesome. Hearing a lot on how fast the petrol ZF 8 speed combo gets up and goes too. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lord Al said:

Cheers jim. 

🤙🏼  

Happy new year 

How did you get on selling your jk?

17 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Congrats on such a super looking rig! Sting Grey is awesome. Hearing a lot on how fast the petrol ZF 8 speed combo gets up and goes too. 

Cheers jim. 

🤙🏼  

Happy new year 

Cheers guys 

the petrol is lovely smooth and rapid.   

Highly recommended 

fen an I just PX it and waiting for a price back on the extras they might  buy them off me .. 

Nice to hear you love it!

I drove the 4 dr Rubi yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by the on road manners despite the MTs when compared to my stock 2 dr JK Sahara. Seriously thinking of going for a Rubi even though the majority of usage is on road. The look is sooo much better and you have the capability when you need it.

What is the thinking on the engines? The diesel added a lot to the road noise but the petrol felt a bit lacking. I only had a few miles to compare so would really appreciate folks thinking as need to get the choice right!

What does should i consider 

All wisdom appreciated

Thanks

3 hours ago, Olijk said:

Nice to hear you love it!

I drove the 4 dr Rubi yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by the on road manners despite the MTs when compared to my stock 2 dr JK Sahara. Seriously thinking of going for a Rubi even though the majority of usage is on road. The look is sooo much better and you have the capability when you need it.

What is the thinking on the engines? The diesel added a lot to the road noise but the petrol felt a bit lacking. I only had a few miles to compare so would really appreciate folks thinking as need to get the choice right!

What does should i consider 

All wisdom appreciated

Thanks

I drive the diesel Rubicon and felt it was a lot more noisy than my current 2015 jk diesel. I was also a little taken aback by how cramps I felt behind the wheel. This it appears is down to the ergonomics of the driving position.  Jeep have decided they wanted all controls within easy reach of the driver.  I did like the fact the steering wheel has two way movement. 

I’ve not driven the petrol variant. I do know Alex (buzz racing) has driven the petrol and was extremely surprised with its power, for a 2.0 lt engine. Alex drives a 3.6 v6 petrol Rubicon 

53 minutes ago, fen01 said:

I drive the diesel Rubicon and felt it was a lot more noisy than my current 2015 jk diesel. I was also a little taken aback by how cramps I felt behind the wheel. This it appears is down to the ergonomics of the driving position.  Jeep have decided they wanted all controls within easy reach of the driver.  I did like the fact the steering wheel has two way movement. 

I’ve not driven the petrol variant. I do know Alex (buzz racing) has driven the petrol and was extremely surprised with its power, for a 2.0 lt engine. Alex drives a 3.6 v6 petrol Rubicon 

The new 2.2 diesel to me is a LOT quieter than my old 2.8 crd so I am surprised you found that fen, maybe it was the tyres?... the 2.0 however was the clear winner for me. Power, smoothness etc etc! 

Congrats Al, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh 😉 

2 hours ago, Buzz said:

The new 2.2 diesel to me is a LOT quieter than my old 2.8 crd so I am surprised you found that fen, maybe it was the tyres?... the 2.0 however was the clear winner for me. Power, smoothness etc etc! 

Congrats Al, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh 😉 

Alex, I wasn’t at all impressed with the diesel, even with the 8 speed auto box. 

I don’t think it was the tyres as mine runs on ATs,  plus mine like the demo I drove had the head liners fitted. 

Just not impressed.  I may go and test drive the petrol....

Olijk 

The petrol rubi is awesome the 8 speed works lovely with the 20l turbo . Defo go for the rubi petrol .. There’s a little road noise not a lot could be the Ariel aswell making a bit of noise when moving in the wind... 

All good though .. 

fen I don’t understand how you thought the new diesel wasn’t better compared to the jk . When I drove the diesel it was so much better . First thing I noticed was less road noise and smoother and more responsive.. 

The petrol however is the best one and drives superb .. defo test drive it . 

Yes Alex cheers fella 👍🏼

• Like 1

Looks fantastic! Interested in hearing how you get on re mileage on an extended run.

What are you planning on changing?!

Hi Matt 

cheers fella . It’s lovely mate to drive . 

Well im getting at the moment 20.4 ish mpg in the new petrol which is around the same as I was getting in my jk diesel .. it looks like the petrol is getting better mpg   So all good really however if it didn’t it doesn’t matter it’s a petrol rubi what I wanted . So 🤙🏼   

I will be putting some lights on it from Alex at buzz racing , side steps other stuff as well I’ll see when things start coming out for it ,. 

Nice one.  It's pretty much the same spec and colour I'd order.  Impressive! 

Thanks all for the discussion. It’s a close call but I think petrol has it for me. Saw a clip of the Punk orange that certainly reinforced the Rubicon look. Now need to get the best deal so any help here appreciated. Is there a discount still available for Club members?

Mpg is so much better than the jk diesel . 

Great new diesel is good , however has  you have found out the petrol is the one .. 

Give jack a call at unity automotive Balsall Common I think the discount has finished however give jack a call , just say Al with sting grey JL said give you a call .. 

I am told I need an Affinity Code to get a discount for the Fiat scheme. Does anyone know if JOC have a code? 

Mate I have no idea about a code , unless someone in the JOC knows more . Give jack a call mate at unity automotive and he might be able to help . 

46 minutes ago, Olijk said:

I am told I need an Affinity Code to get a discount for the Fiat scheme. Does anyone know if JOC have a code? 

Olijk,

message Volant165 for this

Anyone notice the new JL Rubicon is being advertised with the high fenders now - mines still on a boat on the way here so it is anyones guess which one I am getting

IMG_1292.jpg

On 02/01/2019 at 13:59, Lord Al said:

Hi Matt 

cheers fella . It’s lovely mate to drive . 

Well im getting at the moment 20.4 ish mpg in the new petrol which is around the same as I was getting in my jk diesel .. it looks like the petrol is getting better mpg   So all good really however if it didn’t it doesn’t matter it’s a petrol rubi what I wanted . So 🤙🏼   

I will be putting some lights on it from Alex at buzz racing , side steps other stuff as well I’ll see when things start coming out for it ,. 

20.4 MPG ?

Got an old 2007 2.8 4.10 ratio manual and get 25MPG  knocking around the doors and  30+ on the motorway (if no strong head wind) at a steady 60mph

Whats the claimed MPG data in the hand book ?

There are lots of 2.0 turbos in the states getting 25 US mpg about 29 UK mpg.. after a few thousand miles it should improve Al.

I was in a JL diesel today and it was getting around 33mpg... at 80-85mph. 

What would I take? 270bhp petrol. After all who buys a JK or JL for fuel economy? 

Remember the petrol 2.0 has 4.10 ratio whereas the diesel is 3.73 so the 2.0 should handle a set of 35s with no issues whatsoever with minimal mpg drop, whereas the diesel will probably suffer a bit more!

• Like 1