We are newer than new to the jeep community given I have yet to buy my first but ive been keen for a long time, this weekend was my first time offloading in a Jeep and it was awesome, with my wife and son in the back we were all smiling from ear to ear the whole time:) 

download (2).png

download.png

download (3).png

It was at the ''Yorkshire outdoors'' in Felixkirk, Thirsk, it was a day for me and the family, my 6 year old is now wanting to record his height so that he knows when hes 5ft and can have a go himself:)

Posted (edited)

Welcome, @TJ - Playoutdoors you will be obsessed in no time at all.

I haven't done any off roading yet but have a local company that does training so looking forward to giving it a try.

Edited by BikerSco

Hi @BikerSco , I'm already obsessed no doubt about that, I'm looking to get a TJ Unlimited this summer and basically convert it in to our camping vehicle with cooking sliding draws in back and just the one seat in the rear. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TJ - Playoutdoors said:

Hi @BikerSco , I'm already obsessed no doubt about that, I'm looking to get a TJ Unlimited this summer and basically convert it in to our camping vehicle with cooking sliding draws in back and just the one seat in the rear. 

That sounds like a great project. I'd love to get a TJ myself and use it as a touring vehicle. I watch a guy called jake on youtube and would love his lifestyle. You should have a watch it's really cool what he does with a tiny jeep. 

Youtube : I am Jake

Yes, i've seen a few of these from Jake, he actually lives out of his Jeep as I understand it, I seen a few around this s''Stelth Camping '' concept

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJ - Playoutdoors said:

Yes, i've seen a few of these from Jake, he actually lives out of his Jeep as I understand it, I seen a few around this s''Stelth Camping '' concept

yup that's the one. Seems like a cool guy. Would love a lifestyle like that

5 hours ago, TJ - Playoutdoors said:

Sounds a great project 👍, TJ Unlimited (LJ)s are rare, good luck with getting hold of one or do you already have one lined up? 

Hi @TimC Ive been looking knowing that ill not be buying until this summer at the earliest and have found they do seem to be rare, im coming round to the fact that I might need to accept its unlikely to be Unlimited and pack the truck better given the less space in the back, im sure i can utilise the roof for camping gear to and from site so that im not too top heavy when we go out 4x4ing. 

If you're looking for the longer wheelbase, what's wrong with an old JK? I'd imagine a lot easier to get hold of one, I know quite a few great ones on the market.

Unless you're hellbent on going for a TJ?

Hi @Yellow

At the moment I ham ''hell bent'' on a TJ, theres reasons personal to me why revolving around family members and the like, its become clear that the desire for a ''TJ' is in conflict with the space required for camping materials but I am a sentimental type in this situation so Im pretty convinced the TJ will over ride the need for space.

11 hours ago, TJ - Playoutdoors said:

Hi @Yellow

At the moment I ham ''hell bent'' on a TJ, theres reasons personal to me why revolving around family members and the like, its become clear that the desire for a ''TJ' is in conflict with the space required for camping materials but I am a sentimental type in this situation so Im pretty convinced the TJ will over ride the need for space.

I understand that, I've always been a big fan of the TJs, was the first one I drove - but space was what I needed, so a JKU was the only option for me

• Like 1