MKM1987

Jeep Wrangler TJ 2004 - Modified

Hi all. Well first off, hi as a new member. I'm hoping this will be the start of something big and looking for some assistance from members here!! We are going to sell the TJ. Not to move away from the Jeep scene but to immerse ourselves further into it! We are completely hooked and would like a JK now. This will have to be big! I'm thinking suspension and body lift with 35's. I'd love to say 37's but reckon that may be a bit of an ask, plus my wife hates climbing in the bloody TJ as it is!!

So onto the TJ. It was purchased almost exactly as you see her now. What have we done?? A tonne of mechanical work and refined the paintwork and interior. First off was an extensive check over mechanically, a major service, the LPG system inspected & an up to date certificate issued, coolant system pressure tested twice in a short period to ensure there were no concerns there, a heap of bushes done and new brake calipers fitted to the front end.

What does she need to finish off?? It needs a new light bar! I have spent some fairly substantial money on the current one as the old bar had 4 LED's out. Unfortunately it whistles like a good 'un. I will fit the original and you can have the new one too but it's a major pain. Could be the angle but having messed around with duct tape, I think it's the design. There is a piece of floor mat missing from the near side rear passenger footwell. Not an issue for comfort as there are no rear seats but could be a wee cold spot that could do with insulation.

Here's the vehicle facts:

Jeep Wrangler TJ 2004

4 Litre straight six with automatic gearbox. It has two fairly free flowing exhausts. They exit either side of the truck beneath the side steps (fixed items, I think factory fit). It has a proper note to it, once there's some heat in it there's a proper roar and on cold start it has a cracking smooth note. Fortunately it is not too wild for the neighbors!!

LPG tank and operating system fitted. Small tank £25 to fill and about a 40 mile range. Not 100% sure of the benefit here but does supplement the Super Unleaded and gives about 275 miles of range combined. As stated, this is all documented and the instillation is (in my view) flawless. I have not touched this other than being careful to blow any water out the electrical connectors and keep it all GT85'd up.

Full performance engine management system and digital display. This can be seen in the pic below. It controls and monitors the timing for the LPG and is fully configurable to show all manner of displays. It also houses the front mount camera.

There is a reversing camera as part of the Alpine head unit with full stereo / amps / speaker install. This also has apple car play and a full on telephone connection set up too.

Clifford 650 alarm, immobiliser, central locking, proximity sensors with remote engine start.

33” Cooper tyres.

Rough Country 456 kit

4” Rough Country lift.

1.5” Body lift.

Sparco leather bucket seats.

Amazing condition bodywork wise and fully under-sealed and protected chassis and suspension equipment.

We have never seriously used this off road, it is purely for posing but I do use diff locks and 4wd every few weeks on a very light off road area, read: dirty car park. 

I have a canopy cover to be included with the TJ too.

Onto price and location!! I am north of Glasgow, about 15 miles north. Local train stations / airport not too far etc.

I'd welcome you to view and of course I can send any additional pics you might wish to see. We would look at a swap with cash YOUR WAY for the right JK, otherwise in the region of £14,500 as a straight sale. 

Cheers and please feel free to chat - Malcolm 07506 228 294

IMG_5341.thumb.JPG.9a0c511dd3efb601cd6b4d9cff1ec893.JPGIMG_4297.thumb.JPG.18a6fd0ca582656eb3d7cd0dd2845de5.JPGIMG_4323.thumb.JPG.123f3fe2bbc4a2b8f773d8a2031eb1a3.JPGIMG_4309.thumb.JPG.93c301b1d99599f0f5be84b843369b1b.JPG

IMG_4310.thumb.JPG.e7db2ef04ace8831a77be5d32ea2ad5d.JPGIMG_4312.thumb.JPG.1659d27d881d596cbaaed12fdd66ac46.JPGIMG_4299.thumb.JPG.238c777e97804119ca0432c7398e1c8a.JPGIMG_4302.thumb.JPG.1b84b9c4453fe2b89bb039ce901694ae.JPGIMG_4311.thumb.JPG.df9811944f7d83d9cfcfa0e096c11ad4.JPG

IMG_4313.JPG

hi  Malcolm welcome to the club nice tj you have there  what make and size are your wheels I would like some like that for mine 

Another couple of pics. 

Geoff, thanks. I will dig out wheel specs this morning!!

IMG_5339.thumb.JPG.4236f4f050103e9dfd81de18cff15e1e.JPGIMG_5341.thumb.JPG.db88f66352f37a2ec531f9ffa5ad5c2a.JPG

Hi Malcom, 

Lovely looking TJ you have here! Id snap it out your hands. Its just Im after a Manual and full petrol (Not a fan of LPG sadly) 

I see you are looking for a JK? I have one for sale if you are interested. All work has been carried out by myself, I can assure you its been well looked after and well serviced... every 5k Miles since I bought it three years ago. Its a 2008, 4" with 35s. Auto box with the perfect 4:10 gearing and 47,000miles. Take a look at the Add. Ive recently dropped the price. 

Cheers, 

Matt. 

Hi Malcolm, 

Great looking TJ> Several nice JK's up for sale on our classifieds, take a look.

Jim

• Like 1

20 hours ago, matt28493 said:

Hi Malcom, 

Lovely looking TJ you have here! Id snap it out your hands. Its just Im after a Manual and full petrol (Not a fan of LPG sadly) 

I see you are looking for a JK? I have one for sale if you are interested. All work has been carried out by myself, I can assure you its been well looked after and well serviced... every 5k Miles since I bought it three years ago. Its a 2008, 4" with 35s. Auto box with the perfect 4:10 gearing and 47,000miles. Take a look at the Add. Ive recently dropped the price. 

Cheers, 

Matt. 

Hi Matt - I have a very nice low mileage petrol manual TJ for sale. Please pm me if you are interested.

C29653EF-FF88-4E82-AADE-000C5A780D90.jpeg

Hi Mate, 

I took a look at it the other day, sadly its bit too deer for me.

My budget is around £6/£7k for a stock low millage TJ, which seems to be the going price for a solid TJ. 

Even if I was to buy yours Id be wasting money on it (No offence). Primarily due to the fact It would have the axles, suspension, seats and all the extras ripped out for new parts, hence my plan to go stock. Good luck with the sale buddy, Im sure someone will buy it. 

Cheers,

Matt. 

2 hours ago, Obarno said:

Hi Matt - I have a very nice low mileage petrol manual TJ for sale. Please pm me if you are interested.

C29653EF-FF88-4E82-AADE-000C5A780D90.jpeg

Thanks Matt - I’m sure you’ll find something nice. Good luck! 

• Thanks 1