Jim

Who makes the best brake pads?

Now I was going to post this in the correct section for my WJ but then I thought should this question covers all Jeep models.

Who makes the best brake pads? Is there a brand better than the rest who provide pads for all makes of Jeeps?

Have you a preference on the make of pads that you buy and if so why?

Is there anything wrong with budge priced pads?

How about the environment as I believe brake pad dust contributes to the pollution levels? Are there pads that are more environmentally friendly than others?

Cheers

Jim

I have heard great things about Black magic pads from the US- Not sure if he does them for a WJ though..

I run EBC yellow stuff on the TJ - found them to be okay. Once done ill be getting a set of the above!

I prefer EBC green supreme (one up from green stuff) over the yellow ones - but depends if they do them for yours, if not yellow are good

I run EBC red on the wife's merc

I posted this on a previous disk brake/pad thread...

”I looked into this quite abit after becoming  peev’d at the amount of brake dust from the pads.

From what I read on the majority of US sites upgrading the brakes is not necessary unless the tyres are huge.

As its a real trade off between stopping on a dime (as they put it) versus accelerated wear on your tyres. Most suggestions were to upgrade pads.

Currently have Delphi pads I’ve decided upgraded to Brembos, from EUROCar parts, which are yet to be installed.

it was a flip of a coin between the Brembos and green stuff (after reviews read here) but the Jan sale offer swung it in favour of the Brembos.

will let you know how they go!