TimC

In a state of shock!

TimC
Posted (edited)

I am currently on day 2 of a 3 day job in  Aberdeen which for me is a round trip of approx 1000 miles. I have chosen to drive this one but wanted to try to keep the miles off my JK as I’m starting to see them rack up, 75K service coming up next week. Anyhoo, I took some good advice ( thanks Fen ) and hired a normal car! Only just over £100 for the 3 days gets me a Nissan Juke ( not sure about the purple colour, nice leather interior and all the tech goodies ) to head up the M1/M6/M74/A90 in. 

So I set off and after about 400 miles it’s time to fill up......you can see where this is heading........ standing at the pump and it cuts off showing £40 on the counter, that can’t be right surely!? 40 quid, but no, I just can’t get any more in. 40 quid for 400 miles! I was astounded, so this is what it’s like in the real world of sensible cars ? I have been driving my JK for so long I had forgotten what it’s like not to be parting with £90 every 350 miles or so ......I think a 1.0L 3 cylinder turbo Renegade may be on the cards soon, not to replace the JK of course just to give it ( and my wallet ) a hand ?

Edited by TimC

Volant165

TimC
26 minutes ago, Volant165 said:

image.png

When’s that coming Jim?

Volant165

Have not asked but can check on the plug ins, due later this year. They should have a full electric version for January 2020.

TimC

January 2020 is not really that far off, what models? Renegade? I know they are talking about a full electric JL.

fen01
On 20/03/2019 at 17:44, TimC said:

I am currently on day 2 of a 3 day job in  Aberdeen which for me is a round trip of approx 1000 miles. I have chosen to drive this one but wanted to try to keep the miles off my JK as I’m starting to see them rack up, 75K service coming up next week. Anyhoo, I took some good advice ( thanks Fen ) and hired a normal car! Only just over £100 for the 3 days gets me a Nissan Juke ( not sure about the purple colour, nice leather interior and all the tech goodies ) to head up the M1/M6/M74/A90 in. 

So I set off and after about 400 miles it’s time to fill up......you can see where this is heading........ standing at the pump and it cuts off showing £40 on the counter, that can’t be right surely!? 40 quid, but no, I just can’t get any more in. 40 quid for 400 miles! I was astounded, so this is what it’s like in the real world of sensible cars ? I have been driving my JK for so long I had forgotten what it’s like not to be parting with £90 every 350 miles or so ......I think a 1.0L 3 cylinder turbo Renegade may be on the cards soon, not to replace the JK of course just to give it ( and my wallet ) a hand ?

nice to see you were as impressed as I was with the renegade twin air..

I had to take wifey's fiat 500 twin air down to Motorvouge today.  I know it has 1 less cylinder and only 5 gears instead of the 6 in the renegade.  Still sat at 90mph quite comfortably.

jeepjimboy
3 hours ago, fen01 said:

nice to see you were as impressed as I was with the renegade twin air..

I had to take wifey's fiat 500 twin air down to Motorvouge today.  I know it has 1 less cylinder and only 5 gears instead of the 6 in the renegade.  Still sat at 90mph quite comfortably.

Private roads all the way to Bedford  ?

fen01
11 hours ago, jeepjimboy said:

Private roads all the way to Bedford  ?

of course, my private road - a421